The life of newlyweds, living far from home, and expecting their first child!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Last Week of the First Trimester!


Hello All!

This is the last week of my first trimester! I am only excited because it just means another month down and closer to finding out the sex and meeting Baby Anderson! My first trimester wasn't bad at all except for all the sleep I was  getting. I hope that doesn't change much. Today I woke up (only because Riley was ready to go out) at 7:30am- which is about normal for me. But, I felt like I could have kept sleeping and sleeping and sleeping some more. I took Riley out and caught up on some DVR'd shows. Then it was hitting me like a ton of bricks. I was SO TIRED again. So, Riley and I watched last nights Catfish in bed for an hour. Finally, I figured it was time to get out of bed. I went to the gym before lunch and the rest of the day was spent on the couch. It was rainy here today which, made me a feel a tad lazy about being so lazy!

I have once again volunteered to coach youth soccer on post. I did it last year with a friend (well, we became friends- she knew Tyler from high school) and I had a lot of fun. I had every intention of coaching this season until I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't planning on it, but the youth center called and asked if I could help again because they didn't have enough volunteers. I said yes.. who am I kidding? I work two days a week and need something else to keep me busy! We will see how this goes... it's over by the end of March so, I shouldn't be too uncomfortable by then. And, it really is fun!

Here is a picture of last years team- they were so much fun and we only lost one game!

Well, last week we said goodbye to a dear friend... Tyler's jeep. I remember when we first got it- he was so proud! We then got the Durango and I kept telling Tyler that there was no need for us to have 3 vehicles. Plus, we would have to somehow get all 3 back to Columbia at some point. Then, of course a newborn and infant can't ride in a jeep wrangler. We finally decided to sell and after about a month... we had a serious buyer. Last Thursday we said goodbye.... 

I wasn't very emotional, but I think Tyler thought it was very bitter sweet. On another note, I needed a step stool to get in it because it was jacked up so high ;) 

This past weekend, I decided to go look at maternity clothes. Ugh. They are all so ugly. I went ahead and bought two pairs of jeans because they were buy one get one half off and I can wear jeans to work and I got two belly bands- while my jeans still fit- they are getting a little snug. That is, of course, when I wear jeans. I try to wear my leggings all the time! We also walked over to Old Navy. Of course the maxi dresses are too long because I am so short and the maternity tops are not flattering, but I bought a few so that I could wear them with leggings because they are long enough. I am going to try to the belly band/jean combo until I just can't anymore. The plus side of being pregnant all summer? Hopefully all the cotton dresses I own will work while pregnant! 

Yesterday, I went to the doctor and was able to hear our LO's heartbeat again- it's the best! I could listen to it all day, everyday. I didn't expect to hear the heartbeat at this appointment so Tyler didn't go with, but I am so excited for next Monday to hear it again and hopefully he will get a chance to hear it for the first time :) 








How far along? 13 weeks and 3 days 
Size of Baby A? weighing around 1.5 oz and measuring 3 in. The size of a Lemon! 
Maternity Clothes? bought not worn yet!
Weight Gain? no change
Gender? don't know yet!
Sleep? all the time. 
Movement? none yet!
Cravings? still candy, but i try to eat strawberries to hold off that craving. i did have a craving for chedder bay biscuts from red lobster and I HATE that place, but went for the craving!
What I miss? still would like a glass of wine or cold beer every now and again
Symptoms? fatigue and some ligament stretching
Best moment of the week? hearing the heartbeat again :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment