The life of newlyweds, living far from home, and expecting their first child!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

37 weeks

Hello All!

I am officially full term as of Saturday. Not much has been going on since I last blogged at 34 weeks, but I figure a quick update couldn't hurt!

Tyler was in the field for two weeks while I was 35 and 36 weeks along. I don't really like to post anywhere when Tyler leaves and I am home alone. I wasn't too excited about Tyler leaving while I was so far along in case something were to happen, but there was nothing we could do about the situation. We were able to keep in touch so, it wasn't huge deal. Luckily, I was fine and no emergencies occurred! He got back last Monday and thank goodness! I was getting bored and having trouble sleeping.

Which brings me to pregnancy insomnia! It only happened a few times but those two times I was up literally ALL NIGHT. Two nights in a row! I thought I would have no problem falling asleep the second night because I hadn't got any sleep the night before... well, I was wrong. I didn't really want to take a tylenol pm, benedryl, or unisom, all of which are okay'ed by my doctor (he even said I could take an ambien if I wanted- but I was definitely NOT doing that), but I was worried her movement would slow down and I would freak out. That would keep me up all night anyway so, it wasn't really worth it. One thing I have found that helps is a glass of warm milk right before I go to sleep. I have read that it would help, but I am not really sure if there really is something in warm milk that helps you sleep or it's all in my head either way, it's helped.

Other than not being able to fall asleep I get up a lot during the night either to use the restroom or because I can't breathe because my nose is so stuffy! I have to get up at least once to use some nose spray and blow my nose. I also get tired during the day so Riley and I usually lay down to take a nap for about an hour and a half. I have had no 'nesting' instinct and I am actually just tired all the time so my plan is just to sleep, take a walk, eat, sleep, eat, and repeat. Kind of take advantage of it while I can. Everything for the nursery is done so, I am not sure if my nesting is not kicking in because it's already done and ready for her?

I went to the doctor last Monday and have started my weekly appointments. Last week my doctor wanted me to start kick counts. I think they misunderstood me when I said I feel her, but her movements are just a lot slower because I think she is running out of room. I don't really like the idea of kick counts for someone like myself because I am such a worrier. So, if I feel her a lot throughout the day I do not count. Dr. Gluck likes the way my sugars look and isn't worried. And besides the kick counts everything looks great! Yesterday I saw the PA because Dr. Gluck was on vacation. We talked a little bit about contractions and when to call, etc. And next Monday at my 38 week appointment, I will start being 'checked' to see what kind of progress I am making. I am little nervous about it because I am somewhat of a pessimist and I am just sure that I will have made NO progress. {good news is I am having some irregular contractions. they don't bring me to my knees, but they are still annoying} I am hoping all the walking I've been doing for the past 20 or so weeks have paid off. I am also continuing to walk. Part of me wants her to come on and meet her, but then part me is getting anxiety about labor and then caring for another life and think she can stay in for as long as she wants! Anyway, soon I will start trying all the tricks I've been hearing about to bring on labor! Eggplant, pineapple, walking, Chinese food, and etc. I know both my Mom and Tyler's mom hope she comes right on time because they will be flying in on the 22nd and I know Tyler wants her to come on time so he will be able to watch the Gamecocks first football game on the 29th. I don't think he wants to watch it from a hospital room... I don't think you're aloud to have a few cold ones in there!

Anyway, I thought this would quick... sorry!

How far along? 37 weeks 3 days
Size of Baby A? a watermelon {19 to 22 in., 6.5lbs}
Maternity Clothes? yoga pants and maternity tops have become my staples. and some t shirts i own. there isn't really anywhere in el paso i feel the need to put on anything fancy so a lot of my maternity clothes are just sitting in my closet. 
Weight Gain? about 20-21 lbs. i'll take it
Gender? all PINK over here
Sleep? ha. i don't know if i'll sleep again for another 18 years ;) 
Movement? all the time. she has officially started kicking my ribs... it hurts, but i welcome it. 
Cravings? hungry all the time! anything and everything really:) i was craving  hamburgers last week, which is weird for me. 
What I miss? still a glass of chard. iced coffee.   
Symptoms? ugh so many. back aches, irregular contractions, congestion, lack of sleep
Best moment of the week? hearing her heartbeat is always the best :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment